Legal in my State?
Fox Labs pepper spray is legal in all 50 states!
You can even bring it on airplanes in your checked luggage. Here's a little more information on some state level restrictions. Laws change all the time, so check your local state and municipal laws.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to carry pepper spray
- In some states, felons cannot have pepper spray
- You can bring small quantities of pepper spray on an airplane in your checked luggage (currently up to 4 ounces)
- We have to ship pepper spray using ground services (so you can't air ship expedite pepper spray orders)
- Some states restrict the size and formula of pepper spray you can buy and carry, including :
- Arkansas: 5 ounces or less
- California: 2.5 ounces or less
- Florida: 2 ounces or less
- Hawaii: ½-ounce (keychain size) only
- Michigan: 1.2 ounces or less (really limits you to just a keychain size)
- New Jersey: ¾-ounce or less (so keychain size)
- New York : You have to buy it in person, not online
- North Carolina: 5 ounces or less
- Washington, DC: You're supposed to register your pepper spray with your local police department
- Wisconsin: 2 ounces or less and no tear gas
That may seem like a lot of regulation, but most people in most states can buy nearly all Fox Labs pepper sprays. You can also carry it nearly everywhere, excluding government buildings.
This information is not legal advice, and we encourage you to check your State and local laws before carrying pepper spray.